It’s finally fall, after the warm summer months. As a foodie, I would love to share our refreshing and delicious strawberry drink recipe before the winter arrives. Well, it’s no longer a strawberry season in Toronto, but local frozen berries are always available at the grocery stores.
Strawberries are known as summery, juicy, flavorful and nutritious. They are an excellent source of Vitamin C, and high in antioxidants and fiber. Strawberries may help prevent cancers. The most delicious are the locally grown varieties. Strawberries should be kept at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Choose strawberries that are a uniform, dark, red color. Eat them within a few days.
It’s still summer in some parts of the world. Enjoy a glass of fresh, healthy and easy to prepare cold drink!
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, washed and leaves removed
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- 1 tbsp. of maple syrup or honey
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of cold water
- Put the strawberries, crushed ice and maple syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two tall glasses.
- Serve immediately.