Lassi is a yogurt-based traditional drink from the Punjab region in India. This drink is very easy to make and it typically consists of: yogurt, water, spices and fruits. Mango is the most popular fruit used.
There are many varieties of mangoes, each one having a unique flavor, but they all are delicious. To make a mango Lassi, you can use whatever variety you have at hand. You could use fresh mangoes, frozen or canned pulp.
The color of the mango Lassi depends on what type of mango is used. You can skip the sugar as the sweetness depends heavily on the variety of mangoes.
Mangoes are low in saturated fat, cholesterol, an excellent source of dietary fiber and vitamin A, B, C and B6. They are also rich in minerals like copper, potassium, magnesium and best source of beta carotene.
Enjoy a delicious Lassi beverage any time of the day!
- 1 cup of full-fat yogurt or 10% Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of sliced ripe mango or 1 to 2 medium mangoes
- 1 cup of regular homo milk or water
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- 2 tsp. of sugar or honey, adjust according to your liking
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp. of cardamom powder or 5 crushed cardamom seeds, optional
- Fresh mint leaves as garnish
- Put the mango, yogurt, milk, crushed ice, sugar, salt and cardamom in a blender.
- Blend until smooth for about few minutes, taste it and add more sugar or honey if needed.
- Pour into 2 to 4 tall glasses.
- Serve garnished with a few mint leaves.