We have been enjoying the spring greens since the farmer’s market was officially opened for the season. The goodness in fresh produce can’t be beaten. Fresh vegetables are awesomely tasty and healthy!
We are very lucky and grateful to be surrounded by a number of family operated organic farms and farmer markets. I bought all the vegetables in this recipe from Simpler Thyme Organic Farm . We’ve been supporting this amazing farm since we moved into the area in 2005.
I love adding cherry tomatoes to salads. They are full of exquisite flavour and nutrients. Cherry tomatoes come in different size, but the smaller ones are the best. They are more flavourful and nutritious.
Wishing everyone a great summer!
- 300 grams leafy green lettuce
- 1 cup cooked bacon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Grated or crumbled cheese
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. ground mustard
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 thinly sliced cloves garlic
- To make the dressing, stir the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, ground mustard, dried oregano in a small bowl or measuring cup until thoroughly combined.
- Put the leafy green lettuce in a large bowl.
- Gently mix the bacon bits and cherry tomatoes.
- Spoon the dressing over the salad and toss to mix.
- Top with cheese. Serve.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice the bacon into small strips about ½ inch and put them on a cooking sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 or until they are crispy; dry on paper towels and serve or cook them on the stove using a frying pan.