Indonesian-style Fried Noodles
Author: Lani Cooks
Recipe type: Noodles
- 30 oz. pre-boiled udon noodles or any other type of Asian noodles
- 2 tbsp. of cooking oil
- 5 cloves garlic, mashed or crushed or 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- ½ cup of shallots or regular onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of turmeric
- 1 cup carrots, julienne slice or use sliced cabbage
- ¼ cup of Indonesian kecap manis aka sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. of soya sauce
- 3 tbsp. of nasi goreng paste or chili paste
- 1 lb. medium firm tofu, sliced and fried
- 6 eggs, fried omelette-style, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. of bean spouts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh Thai basil, cilantro or green onions for garnish
- Using a wok or a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry the garlic and onions until fragrant. Add the turmeric and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the carrots and cook until crisp and tender.
- Toss the noodles into the pan coating with mixture. Add the sweet sauce, soya sauce and nasi goreng paste. Toss thoroughly and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts, eggs, and tofu. Cook for a few minutes while tossing the ingredients until they are well-combined.
- Garnish and serve immediately.