The great thing about Frittata is that you can serve it at any time of the day: breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even for snacks.
I can prepare this recipe in less than 20 mins and just stick it into the oven. It’s perfect for those mornings when I’m rushing to make it to work on time.
Asparagus is a spring vegetable, low in calories, free from fat and cholesterol, and high in fiber. You can buy them all year around in most grocery stores.
Bake Away And Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp. of coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup chopped shallots or 1 medium onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped or diced
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. of cumin or any spices you prefer
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef
- ½ lb. of fresh asparagus, washed and trimmed the woody root ends
- ½ lb. of fresh tomatoes, rounded sliced
- ½ cup fresh crumbled goat cheese or any types of cheese
- 1 dozen eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp. of soya sauce
- ½ tsp. of salt
- Heat the oven to 380F.
- Heat oil in large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, red bell pepper, garlic, cumin, salt, ground pepper and ground beef until well browned.
- Add the egg mixture.
- Place the tomatoes, asparagus and goat cheese on top of the egg mixture, and bake for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Serve while still warm.