Guacamole is an avocado dip originally from Mexico, but everyone has their own version these days. This is a recipe that I learned during a family vacation in the Dominican Republic.
This recipe is really tasty, delicious and it’s extremely easy to make. Yes, you heard it right – it’s an easy-peasy recipe! 😉
The avocado is also known as aguacate and alligator pear. The avocados are creamy, flavorful, packed with nutrients and are high in omega 3 fatty acids, the good kind of fat. They are one of the great ways to add healthy fat to your diet. They contain essential vitamins and minerals: vitamin B5, vitamin K and fiber, high in magnesium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, and it is also high in antioxidants.
- 5 riped avocados, halves, pitted, cut and lightly mashed
- ½ red onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. of salt, adjust to your taste
- ½ tsp. of ground chili peppers or flakes
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ of lime, squeeze juice
- In a big bowl, fold all the ingredients together.
- Taste it and add salt if needed.