Growing up, fried chicken was one of the dishes we all loved. There are countless fried chicken recipes on the internet and in almost every recipe book I have come across. In this recipe I will add a slightly different twist to the traditional fried chicken recipe.
You can marinate the chicken ahead of time, put in the fridge overnight and take it out half an hour before cooking. If you are short on time, you could also marinate the chicken before frying it. Chicken is one of the best sources of lean protein and probably more affordable and easier to prepare than other types of meat.
- 4 lbs. of skinless chicken legs (separate them into drumsticks and thighs)
- 1 cup of homo milk
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 4 tsp. of salt
- 2 tsp. of ground pepper
- 2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 2 tsp. of dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. of ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. of sweet paprika
- 2 cups of oat flour or regular flour
- Cooking oil for frying
- In a big bowl, combine the chicken with all the ingredients except for the flour and paprika.
- Let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine the flour and paprika in a bowl. Shake the chicken to remove excess liquid and coat with the flour mixture; make sure the pieces are well coated.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan on medium temperature.
- Fry the chicken until browned, crispy or crusted; about 8 to 10 minutes on each side. Let them dry on paper towels.
- Serve hot with your favourite sauce (ketchup, chili, mayo, etc.)