The avocado is also known as aguacate and alligator pear is one of many unusual sweet delights at the street stalls in the Philippines, and in some other places in South-East Asia. The avocado milkshake or smoothie is thick and syrupy and it could either be served as a regular drink or as a snack. We use avocados in milkshakes, ice creams and other desserts. Our passion for condensed milk is evident in this decadent, rich and creamy drink. For a healthier, low sugar version of this recipe, replace the condensed milk with coconut cream.
The avocados are creamy, flavorful, packed with nutrients and are high in omega 3 fatty acids, the good kind of fat. They are one of the great ways to add healthy fat to your diet. They contain essential vitamins and minerals: vitamin B5, vitamin K and fiber, high in magnesium, phosphorus, iron, potassium, and it is also high in antioxidants.
Here is to a healthy and mouth watering avocado smoothie!
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced or diced
- 1 cup of regular milk
- 1 scoop of protein vanilla powder
- A handful of crushed ice
- 2 tbs. of honey OR
- 2 tbs. of condensed milk
- Extra slices of ½ avocado for topping, optional
- Put the avocado, milk, protein powder, crushed ice and honey in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two tall glasses.
- Top with sliced avocado and extra honey if you prefer, and serve with long spoon.
- Serve immediately.