Bread is one of the most common and readily available items in any grocery stores, so you might ask why I even bother with a bread recipe? The answer is that homemade bread is free of preservatives, superior in taste, texture and way more nutritious that most store-bought brands.
You wouldn’t believe how good this bread is until you make it yourself. I’ve been refining the recipe for months. Like many people I talked to, at first I was intimidated by what seemed like a very complicated process. Fear not, making bread is super easy!
The almond pulp you need for this recipe can be found in my Almond Milk recipe.
I use this amazing nutty bread to make grilled cheese for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch or dinner, and for snacks with our homemade berry topping and whipped cream.
Don’t be alarmed by the recent backslash on coconut in the media. For a different perspective on the health benefits of coconut, have a look here.
Enjoy our mouthwatering Spanish Manchego Grilled Cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 3 cups of almond pulp
- 1 cup of coconut flour
- 1 cup of tapioca flour
- 3 tsps. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 4 teaspoon of coconut nectar or any sweetener like honey, stevia and coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar
- ½ cup of unsweetened shredded coconut for topping
- Move oven rack to the center. Heat oven to 350F (190C)
- Place the eggs in a mixing bowl. Lightly beat them until light and fluffy.
- Add all the ingredients and mix them well.
- Pour the batter into an 8 by 5 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool briefly then take it out of the pan and transfer to a cooking rack.
- Let it cool down completely before slicing and serving.