I make these cookies every time we meet with one of our close friends, whose daughter is gluten intolerant. She loves them.
It took me a few tries to get the recipe right. The result are not only gluten free cookies, but they are also absolutely delicious.
Dark chocolate makes for a healthier alternative.
- 2½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup whole brown sugar OR ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup butter - room temperature
- 2 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla in a mixer bowl. Cream together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the almond meal, coconut flour, shredded coconut, baking soda, and salt.
- Mixing them thoroughly. Add chocolate chips to batter and mix about 15 seconds.
- Spoon out one inch balls onto a greased or non-stick cookie sheet and flatten them with a fork.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 2 minutes on the sheet before transferring them to wire racks.